Back up automatically
Go to iPhone/iPad Settings > iCloud > Backup, then turn on iCloud Backup if it is OFF.
iKeyMonitor retrieves iCloud Backups once a day because iPhone/iPad automatically backups data to iCloud only once a day when all conditions below are met:
- iCloud Backup is turned ON
- Device is turned on and locked
- Device is connected to Wi-Fi
- Device is charging which means it is connected to a power source
No New Backups Found
You will see "No New Backups Found" message when there are no new backups found in last daily retrieving cycle.
If you have no physical access to the iPhone/iPad, you can wait several days for the iCloud backup to be automatically generated when all the conditions above are met.
If you have access to the iPhone/iPad, generate a backup manually and trigger the data update if you can't wait.
- Generate an iCloud Backup manually
- After the backup completes, click "Update Data" in Cloud Panel - Device Management.
- Wait 15-30 minutes for the log processing.
Data in iCloud backup not up to date
You will notice a delay for the data uploaded to iCloud Backup. This is set by Apple or the Apps.
- WhatsApp: Daily, Weekly or Monthly, configure in WhatsApp Settings
- Viber: Weekly or Monthly, configure in Viber Settings
Generate iCloud Backup manually
Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup, then tap Back Up Now.
Backup Failed - Not enough Storage?
Here are some things you can do:
- Upgrade your iCloud storage plan.
- Delete older backups that you don't need.
- Disable photo backup or other apps backup to save storage:
Step 1: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage.
Step 2: Select the device you want to manage the backup for ("This iPhone," for example).
Step 3: Under "Backup Options," toggle apps off that you do not want to sync to iCloud. As previously noted, Photo Library usually is the biggest culprit.